Ruger Precision 6.5 Creedmoor Bolt-Action Rifle, 24″ Med. Contour BBL with Hybrid Brake, Precision MSR Stock, 10rd – Ruger 18008
Please note: This is the newest Gen 2 version with upgraded forend, bolt shroud, and hybrid muzzle brake!
Purpose-built to distance itself from the typical long-range rifle.
The Ruger Precision Rifle™ is a highly configurable, in-line recoil path, bolt-action rifle.
- –Medium-contour (.75″ at the muzzle) barrel features a Ruger Precision Rifle™ Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter (thread protector included).
- –Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with 5R Rifling at minimum bore and groove dimensions, minimum headspace and centralized chamber.
- –20 MOA Picatinny rail secured with four, #8-40 screws for increased long-range elevation capabilities.
- –“Upper” receiver and one-piece bolt are precision CNC-machined from pre-hardened 4140 chrome-moly steel to minimize distortion.
- –Three-lug bolt with 70° throw features dual cocking cams and a smooth-running, full diameter bolt body.
- –In-line recoil path manages recoil directly from the rear of the receiver to the buttstock, not through a traditional bedding system, providing maximum accuracy potential.
- –Ruger® Precision MSR stock with QD sling attachment points features a bottom Picatinny rail and soft rubber buttpad. The left-folding stock hinge is attached to an AR-style buffer tube and accepts any AR-style stock.
- –Barrels can be easily replaced by a competent gunsmith using AR-style wrenches and headspace gauges.
- –Magazine well front is contoured for a positive grip for bracing against shooting supports.
- –Oversized bolt handle for positive bolt manipulation, with 5/16″-24 thread for easy replacement. Bolt disassembly tool is stored in the bolt shroud for easy striker channel cleaning. Also features a Ruger Precision Rifle™ Billet Aluminum Bolt Shroud.
- –“Lower” magazine well halves are precision machined from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum and are Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- –Patent-pending multi-magazine interface functions interchangeably with AICS and M110/SR-25/DPMS/Magpul-style magazines (works with some M14 magazines).
- –Ruger Marksman Adjustable™ trigger is externally adjustable with a pull weight range of 2.25 to 5.0 lbs.; wrench is stored in the bolt shroud.
- –Extended trigger-reach AR-style grip and 45° reversible safety selector. May be configured with any AR-style grip and selector.
- –Also includes: two, 10-round Magpul® PMAG® magazines.
- –Equipped with a Ruger Precision Rifle™ Short-Action Handguard for improved scope clearance for long-range scopes.