Barrett 82A1 “Light Fifty” .50 BMG Semi-Auto Rifle, 29″ Barrel, 10-RD, Nightforce Scope, Pelican Case – Barrett 18571
Undoubtedly one of the most recognizable firearms of the 20th Century, the Barrett M82A1 was the first shoulder fired semi-automatic sniper rifle built to fire the .50 BMG (12.7x99mm NATO) cartridge—a round that prior to the M82A1 was reserved solely for mounted machine guns like the Browning M2. It wasn’t until the United States was preparing for Operation Desert Storm that the U.S. military purchased the Barrett M82A1, it was then that the rifle had the opportunity to prove how indispensable it was. After the Gulf War the United States purchased M82A1 for primary use as an anti-material rifle due to its ability to disable radar stations, light armored vehicles, and parked aircraft—as well as penetrating hard enemy cover on the battlefield.
The Barrett M82A1’s semi-automatic action relies on a rotating recoil operated bolt and is available with a 29” long range barrel. The receiver is made from steel to ensure unparalleled durability and also to add significant weight to mitigate the powerful recoil of the .50 BMG cartridge. Barrett M82A1 rifles ship with a lightweight quick-detach bipod that allows you to fire the rifle from a supported or prone position. .50 BMG Barrett M82A1s use an arrowhead shaped 2-port muzzle break for recoil mitigation. M82A1 comes standard with a 23” Picatinny with a 27 MOA cant.
This model features a Night Force 5-20×56 scope.
BARRETT Model 82A1 Package – BLACK
• Recoil operated semi-auto
• Low-felt recoil & self-loading action
• Combat ready extractor & ejector
• Steel receiver w/integral 18.0″ long M1913 optics rail w/27 MOA elevation
• Chrome lined chamber & bore
• Dual barrel springs & long mainspring
• Free-float Match Grade 29″ fluted barrel
• Muzzle Brake: Arrowhead 2-port (.50 BMG)
• Flip-up iron sights
• Sorbothane® recoil pad
• Front & rear sling loops
• Rear hand grip accepts adj. monopod
• Wt.: apx. 30 lbs.
• Accepts side rails
• Includes steel mag. carry handle QD adj. bipod & Pelican hard case w/custom insert
• NOTE: Scope Package* includes Nightforce 5-20×56 scope (mounted and sighted in) and Nightforce rings
|Weight:||Rifle: 32.72 lbs.
Scope: 29.1 oz.
Total: approx. 34.4 lbs.
|Rifle Overall Length:||57″|
|Action:||Semi-Automatic – Recoil Operated|
|Trigger:||7-9 lbs. Trigger Pull|
|Safety:||Manual Thumb Safety|
|Rifle Barrel Length:||29″|
|Rifle Barrel Twist:||1:15″|
|Scope Mount:||Nightforce SHV 5-20×56 Scope and
NF X-Treme Duty™ – Ultralite Rings™ – 1.5″ XX-High 30mm (Titanium/Alloy) Rings A203 Included
|Caliber or Gauge:||.50 BMG|