Ruger American Compact 9mm Pistol, 3.5 Inch BBL, Manual Thumb Safety, Black Nitride Finish, 17 Rd – Ruger 8639
Designed with the latest U.S. Military standards in mind, the Ruger American Pistol™ is built to perform in the harshest conditions. A true American innovation, this pistol was developed through a rigorous “Voice of the Customer” process – where numerous law enforcement and military trainers, firearms experts, distributors and retailers provided input, feedback and testing in the determination of the form, function and features of this firearm. The resultant new pistol is a revolutionary platform for Ruger, one that utilizes the combination of a recoil-reducing barrel cam (which is designed to better spread recoil energy over time) with a low mass slide, low center of gravity and a low bore axis to provide an unparalleled shooting experience.
- Trigger features a short takeup with positive reset.
- Recoil-reducing barrel cam, low-mass slide, low center of gravity and low bore axis.
- Performance tested for sustained +P ammunition use.
- Genuine Novak® LoMount Carry three-dot sights.
- Modular wrap-around grip system for adjusting palm swell and trigger reach.
- Safe, easy takedown with no tools or trigger pull required.
- Ambidextrous slide stop and magazine release allow actuation with either hand.
- Safety features include internal, automatic sear block system, integrated trigger safety and no trigger pull required for takedown.
- Also includes – Two nickel-Teflon® plated steel magazines (one 12-round and one 17-round with grip extension); small, medium and large grip modules.
- Pre-tensioned striker system features a powerful striker spring for positive ignition without a heavier trigger pull.
- Non-slip surfaces including functional slide serrations and purpose-oriented grip frame texturing for enhanced control.
- MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail acts as a mounting point for a wide variety of standard lights, lasers and infra-red illuminators.