Ruger AR-556 5.56 NATO AR-15 Semi-Auto Rifle, 16.” BBL, 30-RD, Flat Top Receiver & Same-Plane Picatinny Gas Block- Ruger 8525
- Flat top Picatinny upper receiver and same-plane Picatinny gas block for easy attachment of magnified optic, red dot or open sights.
- Six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters, or varying levels of outerwear or defensive gear.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector.
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- Patent pending Barrel Nut and Delta Ring are designed for one person handguard removal and installation. The design accepts most standard carbine length handguards. The barrel nut uses a standard wrench and can be swapped with a Mil-Spec barrel nut if desired.
- Milled gas block with integral Picatinny rail is located at a carbine-length (M4) position for improved balance and handling.
- Cold hammer-forged 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. The 1:8″ twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains, and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. Ammunition. M4 feed ramps provide improved operational reliability, and the matte black oxide finish reduces glare and provides corrosion resistance.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting.
- Handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.
- Also includes: One, 30-round Magpul® PMAG®.
- Model Number: 8525
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Stock: Black Synthetic Collapsible
- Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Capacity: 30
- Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Weight: 6.7 lb.
- Overall Length: 32.25″/ 35.50″
- Barrel Length: 16.10″
- Grooves: 5