Ruger SR-556 Takedown AR-15 5.56 Nato/ .223 Rifle, 16 Inch Barrel, Keymod Handguard, Gas Piston Operated, 30-Round – Ruger 5924
- Takedown barrel is removed from the upper receiver by moving the slider bar towards the breech, rotating the barrel and pulling it free (no tools required). For installation, slide the barrel into the upper and twist until it locks. The takedown mechanism provides a repeatable point of impact.
- For a larger cartridge, replaceable barrel kits chambered in .300 AAC Blackout are available on ShopRuger.com. This range-ready barrel’s headspace is set at the factory and comes complete with a metal flip-up elevation- and windage-adjustable front sight and two, 30-round metal magazines marked with “300 AAC BLACKOUT” to ensure easy differentiation.
- Patented chrome-plated, two-stage piston with multi-stage regulator provides a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm with superior operating endurance. The two-stage piston provides a smooth power delivery stroke to the bolt carrier.
- The Ruger® Elite 452™ AR-Trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 pound trigger pull. It features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers.
- Features front and rear folding iron sights. The front sight is both elevation- and windage-adjustable, allowing the zero to stay with the barrel when you swap it out.
- Lower receiver is fitted with the Magpul® MOE® grip and MOE SL™ collapsible buttstock on the mil-spec buffer tube.
- Precision-rifled, chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged Mil-Spec 41V45 chrome-moly-vanadium steel barrel ensures accuracy and longevity.
- A Ruger® flash suppressor is provided, and the 1/2″-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Slim, lightweight KeyMod™ handguard for reduced overall weight.
- Also includes: convenient carry case; lock; three, 30-round Magpul® PMAG® magazines.